‘Tis the season for putting your willpower to the test! It’s that time of year again—and it seems like everywhere you go, someone’s flashing something high in calories and sugar and low in nutritional content all up in your face.
If you’re going to eat sweets this holiday season, at least make sure they’re high in protein and packed with all the immune-boosting benefits of our supernutrient Fucoidan.
Here are 5 tasty takes on holiday classics to satisfy your seasonal sweet tooth, with some added LIMU LEAN nutrition to boot (best prepared after a cold #BLU2)!
1. LIMU LEAN Peppermint Bark
A holiday treat gets a new (and super simple) twist! Just a few ingredients mixed together and you’ve got protein-packed peppermint bark on hand! There’s no better way to take your holiday aggression out on a candy cane.
- 1 packet, LIMU LEAN Creamy Vanilla Protein Shake Mix
- 1 tbsp., coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp., peppermint extract
- 1 tbsp., water
- 1 crushed candy cane and/or red and green sprinkles
- Mix first four ingredients in a bowl (double or triple recipe if needed).
- Place a layer of plastic wrap over a plate.
- Pour the mixture onto the plastic wrap in an even layer (it doesn’t have to be perfect).
- Top with crushed candy cane pieces and/or red and green sprinkles, and place in freezer for 30 minutes to an hour (or until hard).
- Break up the bark into pieces and serve immediately. Store leftovers in freezer.
2. LIMU LEAN Hot Chocolate
You’ve curled some weights, now curl up with a toasty mug of LIMU LEAN hot chocolate! This recipe is an easy, protein-rich take on everyone’s favorite winter-time drink.
- 1 packet, LIMU LEAN Dutch Chocolate Protein Shake Mix
- 1 tsp., vanilla extract
- 8 oz., hot water or almond milk
- Stir protein powder into hot water or almond milk.
- Add vanilla extract and, if desired, a sweetener of your choice.
- Top with marshmallows, chocolate shavings or cinnamon, if desired.
3. LIMU LEAN Protein Pudding
Whether you’re a fan of chocolate or vanilla, this pudding recipe is short and sweet. Just three ingredients mixed together and boom: you’ve whipped up a healthy holiday pudding to satisfy your next sugar craving.
- 1 packet, LIMU LEAN Dutch Chocolate or Creamy Vanilla Protein Shake Mix
- 6 oz., plain Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tsp., water
- Mix protein powder and Greek yogurt.
- Add water as needed to thin out to your liking.
- Add the topping of your choice. You can use almonds, berries, coconut shavings or whatever you’d like.
4. LIMU LEAN Crepes
Kick start a cold morning with something warm and grand by putting your protein powder to the pan! Mix up a yummy crepe using your favorite LIMU LEAN flavor, and fill it with the ingredients of your choice! Be creative and share your unique recipes in the comments below!
- ½ cup, LIMU LEAN Dutch Chocolate or Creamy Vanilla Protein Shake Mix
- ½ cup, whole wheat flour or rolled oats
- ½ cup, mashed banana
- 1 cup, egg whites or two whole eggs
- Mix/whisk ingredients together in a bowl until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan to medium heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the pan and rotate the pan in a circular motion to spread evenly.
- Cook until bottom is light brown, loosen with a spatula and flip to cook the other side.
- Add the topping or filling of your choice. You can use fruit, yogurt, peanut butter and banana, Nutella, or whatever goodies your naughty little heart desires.
5. LIMU LEAN Pumpkin Muffins
Get your holiday dose of pumpkin spice with the added boost of protein! This recipe requires more than just a few ingredients, but luckily there are really just two simple steps: blend and bake!
- 2 packets, LIMU LEAN Creamy Vanilla Protein Shake Mix
- 1/2 cup, unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup, egg whites (about 8 large eggs)
- 1 cup, pure pumpkin
- 1 cup, rolled oats
- 2 tsp., baking powder
- 2 tbsp., cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp., vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup, sweetener of your choice
- 1 tsp., ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp., pumpkin pie spice
- Combine all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend together.
- Spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour your mix in leaving about a quarter of an inch from the top.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for about 20-22 minutes.