There’s no better way to embrace the warm weather than with an ice-cold drink! Try out these Cinco-de-Mayo-inspired recipes and add some serious “chill” to your next LIMU Experience party. Remember, every drink tastes better when shared with good company, so each recipe below yields four servings. Enjoy!
1. Strawberry LIMU-rita
A spin on the classic margarita, this strawberry-infused refreshment harnesses the great taste AND healthy benefits of LIMU ORIGINAL.
- 1 pound fresh or frozen strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar, plus more to rim glasses
- 1/4 cup, lime juice
- 1/2 cup, LIMU ORIGINAL
- 10 ice cubes
1. Moisten the rims of four glasses with a strawberry slice, then dip rims into sugar and set aside.
2. Blend strawberries, sugar, lime juice, LIMU ORIGINAL and ice cubes in a blender on high speed until ice cubes are crushed. Pour LIMU-ritas into glasses, and enjoy!
2. BLU FROG “Lime-a-Rita” Slushie
Infused with #goodenergy, this “Lime-a-Rita”-inspired slushie is sure to get you and your guests hoppin’! Tip: If you’re looking for a healthier alternative to sugar, try replacing it with honey or agave syrup.
- 1 lime wedge
- 2 tablespoons, salt
- 1 cup, lime juice
- 1 cup, orange juice
- 1 can, BLU FROG or BLU FROG 2
- 1/2 cup, sugar
- 2 cups, ice
Moisten the rims of four glasses with a lime wedge, dip rims in salt and set aside. Blend mangoes, lime juice, orange juice, BLU FROG, sugar and ice in a blender on high speed. Pour margaritas into glasses and toast to your health!
3. LIMU LEAN Tropical Smoothie
This tropical take on the green smoothie craze tastes great and does the body good, with the power-packed nutrition of LIMU LEAN Protein Shake Mix. It’s perfect for a poolside refresher – or for a healthy, vitamin-packed breakfast. Cheers!
- 2 cups, fresh spinach
- 1 cup, almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 packets, LIMU LEAN Creamy Vanilla
- 1 orange, peeled
- 2 cups mango, frozen
- 1 cup pineapple, frozen
- Juice of 1/2 a lime, plus lime for garnish
- Coarse salt for rim of glasses (optional)
1. Blend spinach, orange, almond milk and LIMU LEAN until smooth.
2. Add mango, pineapple and lime juice, then blend again. Save squeezed lime and rub it around the rim of four margarita glasses.
3. Dip the rim into the coarse salt.Pour the smoothie into the prepared glasses and garnish with a slice of lime.