So, how are you doing with your New Year Resolutions? January sure went bye in a blink! Don’t lose track of all the things you want for yourself in 2017, here are some fun ways to keep your goals front and center!
What is a dream board? It’s a collage of imagery and words representing your aspirations, goals, and hopes for the future. Essentially, it’s designed as a motivating concept to help drive and remind you of what you want to accomplish, places you want to travel, business objectives, what you want to own and the person you’ve always dreamed of becoming.
When you hang, or place it in a space where you see it daily, your dream board brings all of this to life in a tangible way.
Here are the top five reasons to create a dream board to set yourself up for success in 2017:
1. Helps You Figure Out What You Want
Designing a canvas that illustrates all the things you desire will help you narrow down the list of what you really want and what you don’t. Our thoughts are constantly filled with ideas, but how often do you represent them outside of your mind? Dream boards bring these desires sharply into focus in a way that’s easier to visualize.
2. You Can Make Plans Visually
Calendars, excel sheets and organizers are useful tools, but they don’t allow you to plan things in a visual way beyond text. Why not bring it to the next level and map your future path with interesting cool imagery that captures your attention each time you look at it? After all, a map without images isn’t really a map, is it?
3. Can Become a Daily Reminder
Not all dream boards have to be about long term goals months or years away. They can also be composed of daily goals that bring you one step closer to success a day at a time. Consider placing your dream board somewhere you will see it each morning before starting your day.
4. Will Inspire You
Looking at your dream board will connect you to your goals more deeply by triggering your creativity, imagination, and energy! You may even discover opportunities you never thought possible and visualize them happening. It can fuel your inspiration in all new ways and push you into forming an action plan.
5. They Are Fun
One of the most enjoyable parts about creating a dream board is that there are no rules, guidelines, or limits! You can place anything you want on it, from any source and in whatever manner you choose. It doesn’t have to look like any other person’s board and it can be any size. It’s all about what you want!
Make Your Dream Board Online!
Within minutes you can create your own digital dream board for free at DreamItAlive.com
Materials You’ll Need for Classic Dream Board
Dream boards are simple to design, and here a few things to help you get started:
• Poster Board – Inexpensive frames of many sizes can be found in most popular stores, including Walmart, Target, and many others. Using a frame will help organize all your materials onto one flat surface and make it possible to hang on any wall.
• Old magazines – Do you have a stack of magazines sitting in your home you no longer want? Then why not find a new use for them? The number of images and words you can find within them might surprise you.
• Attachment Tools – Paper cement, sticky paper, glue sticks, thumbtacks, pins, and similar items are all viable ways to attach your photos and materials to your board. Just find the one that works best for you.
• Time – There’s no rush to complete your board. Don’t hesitate to really think about what you want to feature. Spending time creating it may yield more results you’re more satisfied with.
Life is always changing and evolving, and so should your board. Keep in mind that a vision board is a work in progress. You can alter it, add to it, or create a new one altogether. The first step is to begin your vision!